Today’s post is illustrated with some of my favorite “be happy” quotes!
Mood of the post: George Ezra’s Budapest. <3
The Liebster awards are all about bringing to spotlight new, upcoming blogs, and I have here some of my favorite blogs to recommend to you!
If you are a nominated blog, you can also nominate 11 blogs that are among your favorites! Then you should answer my questions about yourself (it’s way more fun than it sounds like!) and write 11 questions for your nominated fellow bloggers to answer. Now, there are also 11 random facts that some Liebster award nominees write about themselves, and some others don’t. It’s really up to you! Do as you feel like. Oh, and on your Liebster award post, don’t forget to link back to the blog that nominated you: Efzin.co. 😉 Thank yoooooou!
My beard and my penguin – What else, besides of its cool name? 🙂 Chris’ amazing photos, logo, and minimal site design.
Boy eats world – How amazing it is to be able to raise your kids in the right way – showing them the world and allowing them to literally taste different ways to live?
Stranger in a strange land – Not only the photos are beautiful (Iceland, baby!) and well-edited, the blog is about a very remote and intriguing part of the world. I really identified with the article “You can’t go back to Bruxton: On calling many places home”. So many of us deal with the multi-identity issue when living abroad.
Sell all your stuff – A blog that inspires people to live light – minimalism rocks!
Roberto Simoes – A minimalist designer shares his inspirations, references and give tips on productivity, creation and better yet, hacks to fight procrastination. Love!
Neoandlime – I’m a very visual person, I apreciate good photos. I love fashion styling tips. This blog has both! Plus, it has a gorgeous clean layout.
Blueberry and Basil – Clean eating at its best! With this inviting photos, for sure this blog is celebrating good food!
Eat yourself greek – Whoever tried greek food knows how delicious it is. This blog caught my eye: Minimal photos and easy recipes, and I love its name and the titles of the recipes – being able to speak greek, reading how Eugenia smartly translates the dishes names’ meaning makes me smile!
Suzanne Spiegoski – Beautiful outfits, delicious-looking recipes and very good photos to illustrate it all.
The travelling Tom – He’s got me at hello! Meaning, with his profile picture: what a great, happy one! And useful backpacking tips.
The Creative Side – I like the unity of her posts, her graphics and her awesome tips on design, photography and blogging.
These were the questions asked by Heather from the Jjfootsteps:
1. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
A hundred years of solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I have read it more than once and still find something interest every time. It’s one of those books that changes as we change. Every human being should read it.
2. What’s your worst habit?
3. If you could change one thing about the past year what would it be?
Oh, my, it was the worst year ever! But not because of what happened in my life, but how I dealt with everything and let some things affect me. I would definitely make one change, if I could: To be lighter towards life.
4. Cat person, dog person or something else, and why?
None. 🙂 Don’t dislike animals, they’re great. It’s just that I prefer not to have the responsibility of taking care of them… I like plants. I like looking at them.
5. What’s your biggest fear?
To grow old unhealthy.
6. What made you start your blog?
My always present passion for travelling, photographing, designing, writing, and the help of a very dear person that made me sit down and write my very first post. (Hello, procrastination!)
7. Who is your inspiration?
People. Lots of people who do beautiful things every day. People who’s produce, really.
8. What advice would you give to your 13-year-old self?
Keep being intense. It’s ok. It’s not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
9. Where do you hope to be in 5 years?
Depend on which month of the year. Everywhere, as always!
10. What are you struggling with as a blogger?
Keep up with the frequency of my posts.
11. Who is your favourite musician?
Weird. Of all the great geniuses, the first person that came to my mind was a random guy who played my acoustic guitar a couple of years ago, when I was living in Vienna. That night I was sure that no one would ever play that guitar more beautifully…
Oh, and here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I was born during spring. It is still my favorite season.
- For a child, I had weird tastes. From spinach to live piano Bossa Nova.
- I taught myself to read and write at the age of 4.
- At 8, I was sure I would grow up to be an astronaut.
- I struggle to sleep at any “normal” since I can remember. During countless insomnia nights I would paint, write, re-organize my wardrobe by colors, or simply have my brain fry me with ideas and thoughts.
- I almost never drink hot or warm stuff. Not even tea, not even coffee. All drinks should be almost frozen.
- I still haven’t found my speciality. I’m multi-tasked and can do well in lots of areas (within arts, mostly), but I am not proficient in any of them.
- I really like kids. I can totally understand them as people. Doesn’t matter their age. I’ve had some amazing exchanges and insights being around kids.
- My favorite part of moving to a different city, or living somewhere new for a while, is to re-create myself by finding a new house, job and friends.
- I love to DIY, specially around my house. As I never had too much money lying around but always desired to have an esthetically beautiful space around me, I always renovated furniture that I found all over.
- I am convinced that Bikram Yoga is THE exercise for me and my body, and sometimes I wish I hadn’t moved around so much, so I could maybe have practised it non-stop for some years now.
Now, my questions for the nominees:
- If you were offered a free plane ticket today, which would be the destination?
- Or if you could teleport yourself anywhere, just to taste again a certain food, what would it be? (The food, off course! 🙂
- If you were to choose between Scandinavian minimalism, multi-ethnic patterns or pastel sophistication, how would you re-decorate your living room?
- 20 new fast-fashion pieces or 5 new design pieces?
- How often do you declutter and re-organize your space?
- Total white or total black look?
- Do you usually cook at home or order dinner?
- Besides of English, how many languages do you speak? Or which language would you like to speak?
- Have you ever dreamed about writing a book? What would it be about?
- Have you ever travelled by yourself? (Not counting the times you took a plane to go visit your family!)
- Which is your favorite blogging activity? Researching, writing, photographing, editing or advertising?
I hope you take a second to browse around the nominated blogs! Have you all a good read!